DTC Botswana to Supply 16 SightholdersJanuary 01, 08
All 16 diamond manufacturing license holders in Botswana have met the criteria for diamond supply and will become DTC Botswana Sightholders for a three-year contract period.
According to a release by the 50/50 joint venture between Botswana and De Beers, “After undergoing a robust and objective evaluation process,” all the companies met the grade.
About $360 million of rough diamonds are expected to be sold to the Sightholders in 2008. This sum is set to grow to $550 million in 2009, according to Kago Moshashane, acting permanent secretary of the Ministry of Minerals Energy & Water Resources and a director of DTC Botswana.
The 16 Sightholders are:
1. Ascot Diamonds
2. Dalumi Botswana
3. DDA of Botswana
4. Diamond Manufacturing Botswana
5. Eurostar Botswana
6. H&A Cutting Works Botswana
7. Lazare Kaplan Botswana
8. Leo Schachter Botswana
9. Moti Ganz Botswana
10. Pluczenik Diamond Company
11. Rand Precision Cut Diamonds
12. Safdico Botswana
13. Suashish Diamonds Botswana
14. Teemane Manufacturing Company
15. Yerushalmi Brothers Diamonds Botswana
16. Zebra Diamonds (IGC Group)