Paola De Luca to Outline Six Key Jewelry Trend Themes at Int’l Jewellery LondonJuly 05, 18
(IDEX Online) – IJL trends editor and jewelry expert, Paola De Luca, will be outlining six key jewelry trend themes for Spring-Summer 2019 at International Jewellery London (IJL), the UK’s leading trade event for the international jewelry industry.
Her vision includes designs rooted in urban lifestyles, the renaissance of pearls, dark romantic influences, and a blending of Art Deco and 1960s Op Art themes, according to a statement. They will be showcased on IJL’s SS19 Trends Catwalk where Paola will present her detailed forecasts (2-4 September 2018).
The trends, from IJL’s Trends Editor and international jewellery futurist, Paola de Luca are:
• Industrial Core; inspired by urban lifestyles, architecture and redefined industrial materials.
• I’m Perfection; playing on proportions that creates surreal, optical illusions with geometric and patchwork forms.
• Neo Classic; classic designs with a twist.
• Dark Romantic; Drawing inspiration from dark forests, magic and mysticism.
• Op-Coding; a mix between Art Deco styling from the 1920s and the Optical art of the 1960s
• Constellation Collective; Stars, moons, planets, flying saucers and constellations will all be captured in sparkling diamonds, especially fancy-cuts and shapes.
IJL will include an expanded events program, and will showcase the latest ranges from over 550 high-end, finished jewelry manufacturers and designers, and loose gemstones and retail services suppliers, the statement addeds.